Re: elilo-installer copyright status

On 9/29/07, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Bdale is the original author of elilo-installer, although it's derived
> from lilo-installer. [...]
> Since lilo-installer is licensed under the GPL version 2 or later, I
> suggest it's sanest for elilo-installer to have the same license.

If elilo-installer is derived from lilo-installer which is under
GPLv2, this means elilo-installer must be under GPLv2 as per the
copyleft requirement of the GPL. IANAL but that's my understanding.

BTW, I'm inquiring for gNewSense GNU/Linux. For now, it seems
reasonable for me to mark elilo-installer free until a copyright
notice is added to the package.

Peter.