Re: How to create crypted partition in d-i?
On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 10:45:03PM +0200, Max Vozeler wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 09:43:45PM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> > I tried to create an encrypted partition from d-i on etch. So I
> > select "use as crypted partition" and can modify crypto parameters.
> > All good and well. But where do I assign the mount point for the
> > crypted partition?
> You first need to select "Configure encrypted volumes" near the
> top of the partman main menu to setup the encrypted partitions.
Thanks for the quick answer, Max.
On the main menu I get 4 options:
- Guided - use entire disk
- Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM
- Guided - use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM
But I don't want LVM, instead I want luks directly on a partition, so I
choose "Manual". Then I am presented with following menu items:
- Guided partitioning (puts me back to previous menu)
- Help on partitioning
- [list of partitions]
- Undo changes on partitions
- Finish partitioning and write changes to disk.
Can you give me a hint where I find the menu you mention?