console-setup switch: i18n will be a hot topic-->find smething else?

I'm slowly having a deeper look at console-setup related issues.

Now I have a kinda-working setup, however I'm really fearing a quite
big problem: *None* of model/variant/layout/fontsets/etc. names are
internationalized.

The name are *hardcoded* in the .config script and the number of names
is HUGE. So, even if we find a way to internationalize this, the size
of the resulting package will be *huge* as well.

Anyway, I feel that prompting for first a country, then refining by
layout, model, variant, toggle stuff and font stuff is way too
complicated. There are so many choices available....

Shouldn't we go the Ubuntu way and prompt users for some keys to
decide about the keyboard layout?