Debian Lenny 64bit

Good Morning,

I think I have a bug in the installer of Lenny 64 bit.

I have tried several times to do a netinstall of Lenny on a Dell Inspiron 1501 with AMD Turion64X2 processor (Debian Etch runs well). The installer boots till it has detected the DHCP from my home router, but hangs when it connects to set the time from a remote server. Pressing "Page Down" makes it go forward, but the screen becomes unreadable. Hence a further install is not possible.

When installing without an internet connection, the base system installs just fine. How can I continu to get it connected to Internet and use tasksel to make it more useful? Need to set it to either an IP address (at work) or to DHCP (at home)?

Thank you,

Dr Bart Hendriks
Juinior Scientist,
University of Basle