Re: Attempts to convert French translation of the Installation Guide to PO

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> On Monday 30 July 2007 11:58, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Apparently the scripts/create_po script does not work as expected but
> > that's not really a big problem, I can work around this.
>
> Nonsense. That script works fine.
> $ ./scripts/merge_xml en
> $ ./scripts/merge_xml fr
> $ ./scripts/create_po fr

Given that the only instructions I had handy were:
"The conversion is fairly difficult and some checks need to be done after some
of the steps.
If you would like to switch, please contact Frans Pop <fjp@debian.org>.
"

.... I think it makes sense that I didn't do The Right Thing....and
therefore, I would have appreciated that "Nonsense" is avoided (let's
assume that the current context excuses it). Indeed, so far and unless
my eyes are much worse that I was thinking, no documentation mentions
that merge_xml should be used before create_po...

Certainly a good opportunity to update the documentation as it seems.

I'mm re-attempts another conversion tomorrow, probably (I'm currently
connected by 14.4K dialup, so only reading mail).

> > But, other problems I'm facing are more strange and I can't find any
> > explanations for them.
>
> If conversion fails, it is almost 100% certain that the French translation
> just does not match the original.

It does.