Re: r48657 - in trunk/packages/os-prober: debian os-probes/init/common

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 03:58:27AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> >   - Tighten check for whether we're running in d-i; anna-install isn't
> >     quite enough because if you're running d-i code outside d-i it's
> >     sometimes reasonable to install a shim for anna-install.
>
> > -	if type anna-install >/dev/null 2>&1; then
> > +	if type anna-install >/dev/null 2>&1 && [ -d /lib/debian-installer ]; then
>
> This still feels very ad-hoc.

Hmm, it seems pretty safe to me. Something in /etc would be just as good
though; I don't really mind.

> What about looking for DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Debian GNU/Linux
> installer" in /etc/lsb-release? Or are derived distros changing that?

Ubuntu certainly changes that - in fact for us it's just a copy of the
regular /etc/lsb-release because I was trying to reduce the number of
things we had to change when opening a new release.