Re: d-i Customization

Op 19-07-2007 om 16:30 schreef Craig Block:
> --- Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
> > > Op 15-07-2007 om 13:43 schreef Craig Block:
> > >
> > > Debian Installer requires a Debian packaged kernel.
> >
> > To turn your own kernel into a debian package is the tool "make-kpkg",
> > it is in "kernel-package"
> >
> Yea, thanks, I found it.  The Wiki documentation makes it look harder than it
> actually is.  I simply built the kernel with make-kpkg then dropped the deb
> it created into the pool.  After manually inserting an entry for the new
> kernel in the Package file and updating the sizes and md5sums in the Release
> file, d-i displayed the custom package in the select kernel dialog.  It
> installed the new kernel package without issue.  Really wasn't all that
> difficult.  Things always seem harder when they're in front of you.

Yep.

On my wishlist is the english translation of the dutch saying

  koudwatervrees

Literaly translated:

  fear of cold water.

It originates from lakes in the summer time.
Swimmers allready in the water are enjoying the water.
Those not yet in the water having 'koudwatervrees'
They assume cold water ...

So send in those translations.
I'm also curious about synonyms for koudwatervrees in other
languages/cultures.

( Or is "Things always seem harder when they're in front of you."
  the english way to say 'koudwatervrees' ?)

Cheers
Geert Stappers