Re: Root and user password does not show symbols

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 02:04:29PM +0100, nirupama rout wrote:
> Package: Installation-report
> Version: At the time of installation found bug
>
> I am using debian-installer from svn unstable and
> while installaing for writing the root password and
> user password I find it neither takes '*' nor a black
> dot symboel
> The representation is like square boxes as if missing
> some fonts.

just tried to reproduce the problem using the following daily image:

http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/gtk/mini.iso

and I can't see your problem (I assume you're using the graphical
installer). The very same problem was reported as #428747 and fixed a
while back with a new upload of ttf-dejavu containing the missing
glyph.

Can you please give more details about your build environment / iso image ?

Here's a screenshot I took while testing:

http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/g-i_pwd.png

regards,
Davide