console-setup in d-i svn?

Hi,

We were talking at Debconf about switching Debian to console-setup by
default. Naturally this would involve turning the udeb support back on,
but we were also a bit concerned that this would be another critical
component of d-i that isn't in the d-i svn repository, which can make
maintenance awkward and would make it tricky to do things like
coordinate a switch from kbd-chooser. Would you consider moving
console-setup to /svn/d-i and making it team-maintained by debian-boot?
With a little preparation with svnadmin we could arrange to keep all the
revision control history intact.

Thanks,