Re: Preseeding Partitioning of 400-G Disk

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 17:09 +0300, Youssef Eldakar wrote:
> I am trying to preseed the partitioning of a 400-G disk into partitions
> of size 280, 1, 2, 6, 110, and 1 G. The disk configuration is the same
> across all machines I am trying to automatically install. I am trying to
> use the following recipe, but it is not succeeding. The disk ends up
> with an empty partition table.

The disks were not being partitioned at all, because apparently the sum
of all maximum sizes had to be larger than the size of the disk. The
documentation at the link below mentions that "there must be at least
one partition with high maximal size so that the whole free space can be
used." However, it does not make it clear that this is required for the
partitioning to work at all.

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-installer/installer/doc/devel/partman-auto-recipe.txt

Youssef Eldakar
Bibliotheca Alexandrina