Re: libc dlopening libgcc on arm

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 09:27:10AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> The same code is also present on glibc 2.3.6 for nptl builds. So at
> least amd64 is using it in etch for the initrd.

Yes. But it is only used sometimes.

This code is located in libpthread and consist of direct wrappers around
libgcc functions. Isn't it possible to just correctly link against
libgcc instead of this dlopen stunt? As libgcc needs libc, it is not
possible to do that for libc, but libpthread should work, or do I miss
something?

D-I may be also affected and mklibs needs to pull in libgcc_s.so.1
always if it catches a glibc.

Bastian

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown