Re: Powerpc netinst CD when selected install64 installs only powerpc not powerpc64 kernel image!

Hi,

Le jeudi 24 mai 2007 à 12:09 +0200, Michal Semler a écrit :
> Today I found serious error in powerpc netinst image, where I selected
> install64 to install 64bit kernel. Installation continues and finishes well,
> but system is unable to be booted from harddrive.

I had this problem with an openpower. What you can do is boot with
install64. You setup your keyboard and network and before going to
partition disk part of the install you go to console mode (in the
install menu you can execute a shell).
In this shell you do :
mkdir /target
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /target
chroot /target
mount -a
here you try to setup your yaboot :
let's try a :
yabootconfig

Then you do :
umount -a
going out of chrooted env :
exit
umount /target
reboot

This should do the trick.
As far as I remember somebody proposed a patch for this issue. May be
your install disk old ?

Hope it will help,
xavier