Preliminary success reported in fixing this bug

Hi

Yesterday Luca Suriano managed to rebuild directfb-0.9.25 applying Ville's patch for linux_input module on his power mac and reported a preliminary success by copying "on the fly" the new input driver in the g-i environment.

Luca is now trying to building a custom gtk-miniiso including the patched directfb udeb to allow wider testing of Ville's patch. If the patch should prove to be definitively ok, then we'll be able to drop a lot of startup scripts in rootskel :)

The gtk-miniiso seems to be anyway broken [1] because of the libc dependancy, so i guess he has to defer building until that's fixed, is this correct?

Attilio

http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/powerpc/daily/build_powerpc_netboot-gtk.log

ps

many thanks to Luca, who also helped me many times in past in debugging the g-i on powerpc!