Re: usplash in desktop task?

Frans Pop wrote:
> I agree with that. One my desktop I currently get a fat red FAILED during
> shutdown because an LVM volume cannot be unmounted as it is in use (or
> maybe it is still #402511, I have not investigated).
> Totally stupid.

I'm not sure what's totally stupid about this, but any stupidity seems
limited to this script, /etc/init.d/lvm2, and not to the lsb init script
interface.

#!/bin/sh

SCRIPTNAME=/etc/init.d/lvm2

. /lib/lsb/init-functions

[ -x /sbin/vgchange ] || exit 0

do_start()
{
        /sbin/vgscan --ignorelockingfailure --mknodes || true
        /sbin/vgchange -a y --ignorelockingfailure || return 2
}

do_stop()
{
        /sbin/vgchange -a n --ignorelockingfailure || return 2
}

case "$1" in
  start)
        log_begin_msg "Setting up LVM Volume Groups"
        do_start
        case "$?" in
                0|1) log_end_msg 0 ;;
        esac
        ;;
  stop)
        log_begin_msg "Shutting down LVM Volume Groups"
        do_stop
        case "$?" in
                0|1) log_end_msg 0 ;;
                2) log_end_msg 1 ;;
        esac
        ;;
  restart|force-reload)
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $SCRIPTNAME {start|stop}" >&2
        exit 3
        ;;
esac

The only way this can print a red FAILED at shutdown is if the vgchange
returns nonzero. If the vgchange legitimately returns nonzero during shutdown,
the script could be fixed to deal with that and call log_end_msg 0.

The fact that it always seems to log suggess on startup even if the commands
fail is also .. strange.

--
see shy jo