Re: usplash in desktop task?

David Härdeman wrote:
> unstable now has a recent version of usplash which supports user input
> (yay, cryptsetup passphrase prompts) and a new debian theme, so perhaps it
> would be a good idea to add usplash to the Desktop task?

The new release of usplash is very good progress toward this IMHO.
Though more progess is needed before I would be comfortable putting it
in the task. I'm thinking about bugs #422920, #422922, #387640, and
#381104, which are some of the bugs I encountered while testing it..

We still also need to get more init scripts using the lsb init functions so
that they can show up in usplash. This gives an idea of how much needs
to be done:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=initscripts-ng-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
though it's incomplete, see for example #419143.

--
see shy jo