Re: error

(Please use a more descriptive subject than "error" next time.)

On Saturday 28 April 2007 12:18, nirupama rout wrote:
> While installing throug the CD I got message like
> "Installation step failed" Even though I installed
> grub and booted through the freshly installed os and
> saw the log file in /var/log/installer/syslog

>       Apr 28 09:19:57 in-target: Couldn't reopen
> stdin(/dev/tty): No such device or address at
> /usr/sbin/update-inetd line 29.

Maintainer scripts that are used under D-I are not allowed to use stdout
or stdin to interact with the user. The bug is in the packages that you
are trying to install, not in the installer.

Normally update-inetd should not have to prompt for answers during a new
installation of a package. Try to find out why it does that.

Cheers,
FJP