Re: [RFC] Simplify USB detection

On Sunday 15 April 2007 15:31, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2007 19:36, David Härdeman wrote:
> > Doesn't udev load those modules as well?
>
> At least usbkbd is not (and I know usbmouse is not either).

Seems this is correct, but not the real issue.
The reason usbmouse and usbkdb were not loaded on amd64 is because usbhid
is preferred. But due to an error in the kernel module udeb definition,
usbhid has never been included for amd64.

According to Bastian, all USB modules should be loaded automatically, so
it looks like we can just drop usb-discover altogether without any need
for replacements.