Re: etch/volatile -- public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EC61E0B0BBE55AB3

Hi Rick,

On Saturday 14 April 2007 19:33, Rick Thomas wrote:
> 1) How do I import the public key for volatile?  (If it's in the fine
> manual, then please point me to it so I can RTFM)

To be executed as root:

gpg --keyserver pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de --recv-keys AC583520
gpg --fingerprint  AC583520
# compare the fingerprint with a fingerprint on a machine with a trust path
gpg --export -a AC583520 | apt-key add -

This is for a different key, but besides that, that's it - and you may use a
different keyserver.

> 2) What's the reasoning behind not including it in the default debian-
> archive-keyring package?  Is it not recommended that everyone use
> volatile for the things like security and spam updates that it provides?

volatile is not a official service (yet).

regards,
	Holger