Continous beeping

Hello!
I tried installing from the Debian Testing netinstall CD from 2007-03-07,
and on a PII-400 with onboard ADAPTEC SCSI the system started
beeping high-low-high-low (octave interval) seemingly forever.
It starts about the moment  the "starting the syslog" apperars.

On a different machine (same age) installation went without beeps.

I found no information about any beeping codes the debian installer might use.

Can anybody help me and give some information about what is going on?

Is this a d-i bug? At least the system should provide some text why it starts
beeping?

With best regards

Hartmut Niemann

Hartmut.Niemann@gmx.de