Re: tasksel fails because base-config doesn't add a Debian mirror to /etc/apt/sources.list

--- Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> No, there is no bug. I've by chance done a recent installation of Sarge
> and it does scan the CD by default. If it only finds a very limited
> number of packages, I think it will also add a Debian mirror, but in all
> cases it will offer the user the option to install an additional apt
> source.

I do not contest the fact that the installer scans the CDs by default.
However, it does not, I repeat, it does not offer the user the option
to install an additional apt source. It only installs a security mirror
which causes the install process to break badly.

> Again, we are not going to make any changes in the Sarge installation
> anymore. Sarge is about to be replaced by Etch where the selection of apt
> sources has been implemented completely differently anyway.

If this is a policy, then fine. However, I still believe
that this is an important problem.

> Cheers,
> FJP

Regards,