Re: the future of the netinst image

Op 25-03-2007 om 04:04 schreef Eddy Petri??or:
> > On Saturday 24 March 2007 17:28, Michael Numberger wrote:
> >> On a AMD K7-650 (Slot A), the RC2-Installer installs the
> >> linux-image-2.6-486 an not the linux-Image-2.6-k7.
> >
> > You probably used a netinst CD image. That CD image just does not contain
> > the -k7 kernels because of size considerations. If you'd used any other
> > image, the -k7 should have been installed by default.
>
> Is this documented? It might be a good idea to have some kind of
> summary of the types of images exist with their advantages and
> disadvantages (this would be in the second catagory). Do we have that?

We surely do have that information.

Somewhere.

Hidden.

:-)

In other words: I neither don't known where 'netinst' is described.

Let's assume all d-i images well document at an easy to find place.
That would be about n pages of text. ( n being larger then three )
Those who do take time to read it, could make the right decision.
But they still have expections that might not by fullfilled.
And such possibillities will allways be there.

Back to 'netinst'

This image is one that does disappoint people often.

What could be done to prevent that?

Cheers
Geert Stappers