Can't boot linux with GRUB

Greetings;

After many starts and stops and restarts I got Deb
installed via the web. GRUB was installed, did a
shutdown/restart and I can't boot to Deb/linux. It
spews out all sorts of messages too fast for me to
read them and then locks the system. I have to hit
RESET to restart it.

I can boot to Windows OK, fortunately.

So, forgetting the problem with GRUB, how can I boot
to my new Debian/linux system?

Many TIA!

Dennis

Info:

- Installed via web. No install cd, no rescue mode.

- The last screen full of messages are all the same
  and aren't text. Some status word or register dump.