Wish: Include NTLMADS in Netinst Image (etch)

Hi list,

I just did a netinst with testing/etch on a laptop in a corporate network in
collaboration with our IT Department.

Everything went fine with the installer, but I had two points to solve:

First run I was not able to install the linux-image on the machine using plain
e3fs with automagically created partions. Because I was not sure, that it was
my own error, I tried again.

Next run I choose encrypted fs with lvm. This worked well and is in fact the
way to protect a laptop in the right way.

I had bad luck installing a working apt environment (for security updates)
because our network proxy needs a NTLM Auth mechanismn to go through the
proxy. Installation stops here, you can only set up the very basic debian
system.

Collecting the ntlmads and its dependencies by hand using packages.debian.org
(no other debian machine on the network) is not amusing.

After that work, I was able to update and upgrade the complete dist
succesfully.

My recommendation is to add these packages in the netinst packages. And
perhaps my favorite editor JOE as well.

You have to configure the ntlmads.conf by hand or script running on the lo
interface on a free chooseable port and take this proxy entry to apt.conf or
as an environment setting via export http_proxy=http://127.0.0.1:port

Have a nice day!
--

 wolfgang.schnitker<at> gmx.de