Partitioner sets wrong type for RAID partitions?

Yesterday (2007-03-09), I tried
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd
/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso for installation on an older i686 (Celeron)
box.

After creating RAID partitions, the partitioner showed the
"Configure Software RAID" option, but the RAID configurator
complained about no available RAID partitions.

I tried zeroing the the first couple MiBs of the disks
and clearing superblocks without success.

Inspection with fdisk revealed that the partition type
was set to 83 (Linux). When manually corrected to fd
(with fdisk), I was able to set up SW RAID as usually.

For further information please reply to my e-mail
address as well.

Zrin