RE: Etch netinstaller has no eth0 in qemu

> > Be fscking intelligent and *leave* a download for everyone to
> pick it up,
> > before you replace it.
> > Leave older versions in separate directories and just change
> the link to it.
>
> Be fscking intelligent and try this:
>
> wget
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/20070304-1/i3
> 86/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
This is a problem though, using symlinks for the downloads like this rather than just updating the links essentially means that any user who doesn't pay carefull attention to how things are done and has a long download containing resumes (e.g. a user who has a slow and unstable internet connection)will get a broken image. That seems to me to be a large loss for a relatively small gain.

btw are we ever likely to get a proper tool for downloading images in a peicewise fassion? jigdo-lite is really terrible (no progress indication, unclear if its resuming or starting again etc). Bittorrent is banned or highly throttled on many networks and even when it is availible is only suitable for the most popular images.