Re: Extending accessibility support in D-I for Lenny

Frans Pop wrote:
> If you have a solution for speech that can be integrated in either the
> textual or graphical installer that would a lot lighter than basing
> things on ORCA, feel free to propose it.
> The easy part is adding sound modules and basic alsa support. The
> difficult part is the actual conversion from display to speech and
> optionally from speech to input.
>
> But basically that _is_ the goal of the ORCA approach that Willie and I
> talked about.

Hello,

It would be great to have in the future a Orca-like for embedded
environment such as mobile.

Today, in principle using a Speakup enabled kernel + Speechd-Up +
SpeechDispatcher + eSpeak or in user space, Yasr + emacspeak server +
eSpeak, a text based dialog might be correctly spoken.

In the Oralux menu, pppconfig for example is spoken through Yasr. For
better rendering, dialog had been rewritten.

Best regards,

Gilles

--
Oralux http://oralux.org