Bug#393033: marked as done (Should use shorter time out when trying security mirror)
Your message dated Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:47:03 +0000
with message-id <E1HBdP5-0003LM-L8@ries.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#393033: fixed in apt-setup 1:0.17
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: debian-installer should provide fallback or config option for net-repo access
- From: "Tuncer Ayaz" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:26:30 +0000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Version: etch beta3
debian-installer naturally tries to connect to security.debian.org
but I have a few issues with the current implementation:
the connection timeout is too long
a user should be able to specify - beforehand in expert mode and
as a fallback in non-expert mode:
- either an alternative security.debian.org repository which is
accessible without additional proxy settings (yes there are
LANs where the net-admin allows port 21 out but not 80 out)
- or a ftp/http proxy for a 2nd try
ideally, the user would be able to specify local mirror or ftp-accessed
repos (apt-cacher, apt-proxy, ftp.<TLD>.debian.org, etc.) for main
and security network install/update in the installer.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
apt-setup, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated apt-setup package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:43:32 +0100
Binary: apt-mirror-setup apt-cdrom-setup apt-setup-udeb
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Frans Pop <email@example.com>
apt-cdrom-setup - set up a CD in sources.list (udeb)
apt-mirror-setup - set up a mirror in sources.list (udeb)
apt-setup-udeb - Configure apt (udeb)
Closes: 393033 400715 408297
apt-setup (1:0.17) unstable; urgency=low
[ Christian Perrier ]
* Fix error in French translation. Closes: #400715.
[ Frans Pop ]
* Make wget respect proxy servers defined for local sources. Based on a
patch suggested by John Morrissey, for which thanks. Closes: #408297.
* Use log-output for commands that produce output if run in the installer.
* Consistently use http protocol when setting up security archive (ftp
reguires a different mirror directory and is thus not easy to support).
* Reduce timeout for testing security mirrors to 30 seconds. As security.d.o
currently has 3 IP addresses listed, and these are tried consecutively, the
total timeout will be 1.5 minutes (was 6 minutes). Closes: #393033.
* apt-setup-verify: reset IFS to avoid problems with option processing.
[ Updated translations ]
* Arabic (ar.po) by Ossama M. Khayat
* Belarusian (be.po) by Pavel Piatruk
* Bulgarian (bg.po) by Damyan Ivanov
* Bosnian (bs.po) by Safir Secerovic
* Danish (da.po) by Claus Hindsgaul
* Esperanto (eo.po) by Serge Leblanc
* Spanish (es.po) by Javier FernÃ¡ndez-Sanguino PeÃ±a
* Basque (eu.po) by Piarres Beobide
* Hebrew (he.po) by Lior Kaplan
* Georgian (ka.po) by Aiet Kolkhi
* Kurdish (ku.po) by Amed Ã?eko Jiyan
* Latvian (lv.po) by Aigars Mahinovs
* Malayalam (ml.po) by Praveen A
* Panjabi (pa.po) by A S Alam
* Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR.po) by Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
* Slovak (sk.po) by Peter Mann
* Slovenian (sl.po) by Matej KovaÄ?iÄ?
* Swedish (sv.po) by Daniel Nylander
* Thai (th.po) by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
* Turkish (tr.po) by Recai OktaÅ?
a51aaa20cfa2b8bd83ebdf91b86920cd 677 debian-installer extra apt-setup_0.17.dsc
7bec6a7bfe3b79330ec15c8aaa5e0042 112315 debian-installer extra apt-setup_0.17.tar.gz
b69783f76b86c3ccc62c35fa4cb15b7c 19004 debian-installer standard apt-setup-udeb_0.17_all.udeb
e022d72305aa9a98774e578cc36a14ab 51738 debian-installer extra apt-mirror-setup_0.17_all.udeb
a7b4feabd9ac8c80aa5a1f0cf3ca0266 7042 debian-installer extra apt-cdrom-setup_0.17_all.udeb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---