Re: Scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.18-9

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 08:32:36AM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > current open issues (please add if you know more):
> > > - bcm43xx ?backports?
> > > - hp amd64 acpi blacklists

> > I don't see any follow-ups from anyone adding more.  How about these two
> > issues in particular -- is there any progress on them, or is any help
> > needed?

> well as you probably know there are different wireless stacks around.
> bcm43xx main dev does not happen with the one that is currently used
> in the stock kernel so this is a bit of a red herring and afaik
> not resolved upstream until alternative stack is due to be merged..
> according to sjoerd bcm43xx troubles happen lot less often.
> have checked latest git state and didn't see meaningfull patches
> that we miss, but i might be wrong and have no test box myself.

I'm afraid this doesn't clear anything up for me at all.  I don't know what
"bcm43xx main dev" refers to.  Is the summary basically that the only known
fixes for the bcm43xx problems involve large changes to the wireless stack
(obviously not something we want to try to backport)?

> the acpi blacklist is just a matter of doing it for my laptop seeing
> that acpi is disabled and then doing a similar patch for this kind of
> laptops. if someone wants to chimme in feel free.
> we have collected all the relevant dmidecode output.

Ok, so it's "just a matter of doing it" :), has this been done now or shall
I look into this?

Thanks,