Re: base-installer: failed to determine the codename for the release (expert mode)

Hi everyone.

I have the same thing here.

I've downloaded a testing cd image today (02-20-2006) and faced two
problems:

1 - The modules for the 2.6 kernel were not found by Debian installer,
which seems to use kernel 2.6.12-1.  However, the modules on CD are
version 2.6.15-1. So I had to switch to 2.4 kernel to use ext3 filesystem.

2- The "install the base system" step fails with both kernel versions.
The same message that Leonardo received: "Debootstrap Error: Failed to
determine the codename for the release".

I don't know how to proceed now.

I saved the logs using the Debian installer menu option: http://rapidshare.de/files/13754683/install.zip.html.

The log "hardware-summary" is missing due to bad blocks on the floppy.

Thanks a lot.

--
Diego