Re: [s390] dasd update

On Friday 29 December 2006 11:25, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 10:47:40PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > My dasds were initially listed by just their name.
> > Next, I selected one without formatting it and it showed as
> > "configured". I then selected the same dasd again and formatted it.
> > AFAICT the formatting was done correctly (empty disk when I started
> > partman).
>
> Hmm, it should always ask explicitely before formating disks. The
> priority should be at least important.

It _did_ ask. It's just that the first time I answered "no", the second
time "yes".

> > When I went back later (after base installation) and selected dasd
> > configuration again, the dasd was shown as "online".
>
> Known. It does not read the information "configured" again.

What is the technical difference "configured" and "online"? Is it really
relevant for users, or should we just always display something
like "selected" or "activated"?

> > I think we should change the description for the question if the dasd
> > should be formatted as "The device ${device} seems to be a fresh
> > disk" is clearly incorrect.
> > I propose the following description:
> >  The installer is unable to detect if the device ${device} has
> > already been formatted or not. Disks need to be formatted before you
> > can create partitions.
> >  .
> >  If you are sure the disk has already been correctly formatted, you
> > don't need to do so again.
>
> Looks good.

OK. I'll commit that with your patch if there are no changes based on my
comments in this mail.

Cheers,
FJP