Re: Motorola Powerstack II, no installable kernel found

Hi,

>On Friday 29 December 2006 01:59, Frans Pop wrote:
>> On Friday 29 December 2006 01:04, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
>> > I know, I'm a pain in the a**. Eventually, I had the time to try
>> > another test install on my Powerstack II. I used the d-i daily build
>> > from 22.12., net booted the CD-install kernel and let it run.
>>
>> There's some contradictions in this...
>> (You can't netboot a CD and the kernel is rather a by-product of an
>> installer image.)
>> Exactly which image did you use? Please provide the full URL.
>
>Never mind.
>I'm guessing you used the daily netboot CD image and the problem was just
>that the -prep kernel was not yet included on CD images. Should be fixed
>with the next CD builds.

Your guess is correct, sorry for being unclear. I'll try to test the next
image in a more timely manner - and write the report when I'm awake.
The base installer had the version number 1.70, BTW,

thanks for the quick fix,
CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Cauchemar (Opération S)