Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 07:16, Christian Perrier wrote:
> While testing D-I with the install of the desktop task in French
> language, I have noticed that there are several successive prompts for
> dictionaries settings:
[...]
> It seems that each time a new dictionary is added (by tasksel
> settings), the user is then prompted at high priority.
[...]
> Is there something we can do about this...hopefully *before* Etch ?

JFYI

This issue was finally traced to a bug in dpkg-preconfigure in the debconf
package. Joey has just fixed it and uploaded a new version of debconf, so
hopefully we will now be rid of this issue.

See #401876 for the gory details.

As there originally was a combination of issues and the cause was hidden
very deeply and the issue was not always reproducible, it's been a real
pain and slow going to trace this.
Thanks very much to the people who have contributed to tracing and solving
the issue and especially to Agustin for his patience and help.

Cheers,
FJP