Re: Draft release notes and errata for RC1 - Efika support

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 04:23:34PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> package: release-notes
> severity: wishlist
>
> On Friday 10 November 2006 17:16, Sven Luther wrote:
> > We could also mention architecture support changes :
> >
> >   - PowerPC: dropped support for powerpc/apus.
> >   - PowerPC: Added support for 64bit PowerPC architectures (IBM pSeries,
> > Apple G5 powermacs).
> >   - PowerPC: not supported : Apple Nubus and IBM pre-power5 Iseries.
> >
> > Well, to be complete, one could have the list of supported subarches too :
> >
> >   - Apple newworld and G5 powermacs
> >   - IBM CHRP machines (RS6K, pseries, iseries, ...)
> >   - Genesi CHRP machines (Pegasos, maybe Efika)

The Efika (http://www.genesippc.com/efika.php) needs 2.6.19 based patches, so
will not be supported, altough i have a d-i build using a modified
base-installer, which will grab the kernel package from a separate repo.

It would really be friendlier if base-installer would allow pre-configure
hooks, which would be invoked after debootstrap, but before the whole
apt-checking stuff. I just added a few lines at the end of configure_apt right
now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther