Re: partitioner seems confused

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 11:09:18PM -0500, Dennis Clarke wrote:

> During install onto a PowerPC based EFIKA unit the installer complained :
>
> This partitioner doesn't have information about the default type of
> partition tables on your architecture.

Hi Denis, ...

The Efika will not be supported by a 2.6.18 kernel, which is what will ship in
etch, as thus i doubt there will be any sense of asking for help here.

I am actively working on fixing those issues, and will merge whatever patches
are mergeable in d-i before the etch release, and have the rest go in
afterward.

Please have a look at : http://people.debian.org/~luther/efika, where you will
find my ongoing work (which among others fixes this issue you are seeing), and
which will be the canonical way to find debian-on-efika information and stuff.

Please forward any bug report you may have to me personally (sl@genesi-usa.com
please), so i am early in the loop and can give you advice and fix those
issues first which are important to you. I am working on the serial issues you
are seeing too, but like said, i have gotten only second hand vague reports
upto now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther