Re: Installation on HPPA

Hi,

Thanks for your mail. It's appreciated.

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 16:09, AlesD wrote:
> I'm going to install Debian on HP workstation (c3700) sometime
> between 18th and 22th of December. There is currently HP-Unix so the
> server will be installed "from scratch". Since the HP-PA architecture
> is probably rare maybe there might be something I could try for you eg.
> install sarge and then upgrade to etch. (The server will be used as
> intranet web server => LAMP + other similar SW.)

If you want an optimal system, I'd suggest just installing Etch.

It would be good if you could use a daily built image of the installer
[1]. That uses the kernel Etch is going to be released with.
It would also be great if you could look over the syslog of the
installation with a critical eye.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. I have a hppa box myself, so it usually gets at least some testing
before releases of the installer.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/