daily builds with 2.6.18-3 fail to boot on SATA cdrom

both i386 and amd64 images of the latest daily builds will fail
booting (the BIOS try to boot from CDROM, but fails and skips it)
on this CDROM:
scsi1 : sata_via
  Vendor: ATA       Model: Maxtor 6V200E0    Rev: VA11
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 05
  Vendor: TSSTcorp  Model: CD/DVDW SH-W163A  Rev: TS01
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 05
The  funny thing is that if  I boot from  the hard disk  a Debian etch
system (that I've  installed with  another cdrom  device), and try  to
mount a disk with this SATA cdrom, then it  works perfectly. I'm using
kernel 2.6.18.
Any idea?
Ciao,
Free