Re: No prep kernels in daily installer images?

Hi,

>Prep support is missing in 2.6.16 and 2.6.17 debian kernels. It is present in
>2.6.18 kernels, with the -prep flavour, thanks to the work i did. I have not
>had time to test them, so feedback on this would be welcome, but at least they
>build.
>
>Please try the weekly cd builds (altough i never did manage to boot from cd),
>or better yet the netboot daily builds :
>
>  http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/powerpc/daily/prep/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd

OK, I'll give 'em a spin on Sunday - I have guests tomorrow (well, rather
later today) and won't have time before.

>You do have a powerstack II (in a beige housing) or a powerstack I (in a hifi
>radio like black housing) ?

It's a powerstack II. I have a powerstack I as well, but it got damaged
during transport and does not boot right now - no idea if I will get this
fixed. Is it even supported upstream?

>Also, note that you will need the -prep flavour, and no more the powerpc
>flavour, since prep did not yet migrate to ARCH=powerpc (together with apus,
>who is also disabled).

Yeah, I know,
CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Cauchemar (Opération S)