Re: Deactivated languages

2006/11/20, Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>:
As I said, the problem is the actual space on the initrd and having a
"latin languages image/CD" and a "asian languages image" is not such a
good idea since you might end up downloading the wrong image and will be
faced with a semi-useless cd  since you don't know any of the other
languages.

Can't we give a option to choose a set of languages at the beginning say ASIAN languages, European languages, AFRICAN languages ... We can ship a set of initrd images for each laguage groups and it can be selected from grub menu at boot. (like we used to ship linux 2.4 and linux 2.6 at the same time we could have 5 initrds each for a continent). I think this would solve the problem of initrd image size in a considerable way and would not be tough to implement I think.

boot: asian

Regards
Praveen

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."