RC1 install successful on Pentium II, comments on tasks

Hi

I've just used the Etch RC1 netinst CD to install Etch onto a Pentium II
system.

It went very well.  I like the more intelligent questions about
keyboards, mirrors, and time zones based on which language and country I
selected at the start (English and Australia).

At one point I had to change the controller my hard disk was attached
to, which caused the pivot_root to fail.  I'm pretty sure the root file
system can be specified using an ext2 label rather than a device path,
which would have made things a little smoother there.

The other thing was the package group selections (tasks).

Installing "Database server" gave me Postgresql, but I was expecting
MySQL.  It could at least have mentioned that I would get Postgresql
before downloading packages I didn't want.

I also selected "Mail server" and got Exim4 rather than Postfix, but
this was to be expected due to Exim4's status as preferred mail
transport agent.

I also didn't see a "Development" group.  Now I've been using Debian for
years, I know to "apt-get install build-essential", but a development
task would be great for new users.

(I'm hoping you want to hear feedback about tasks as well.  If not, let
me know where to direct it.)

Thanks for your work. :-)

Mike