Re: Installation Error on Dell PE 2650

Hello Geert,

On Saturday 11 November 2006 13:41, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s02.html#module-parms
>
> Please let us known how you transformed
>  aic7xxx=no_probe
> into the
>  module_name.parameter_name=value
> syntax, so that we can update the list of examples

i couldn't ;-)
the example 3c509.xcvr=3 doesn't help me much!
i used to try:
aic7xxx.no_probe=on
aic7xxx.no_probe=yes
aic7xxx.no_probe=1, but no success.
Seems i have to learn a lot more.

I wanted to try also :
aic7xxx.noprobe=on
aic7xxx.noprobe=yes
aic7xxx.noprobe=1

But first i tried aic7xxx.no_probe=yes on kernel 2.6 and suddenly it worked
like a charm.i have to mentionit worked too, without to bypass the aic7xxx
modul :-)
My specification was to use kernel 2.4, but as a matter of fact  i couldn't
accomplish that is use now kernel 2.6.

To be more specfic: i just use kernel 2.6 to setup the system and  install
with the CD a kernel version 2.4.26.That's the main Kernel we have to use for
our Servers.

Geert thanks for your support

greets alex