mount _netdev

Hello all,
First of all, sorry for the x-post, I have no idea which list is the right one for this question. After not getting to work mounting a net device during bootup using the _netdev option I did some Googling on the subject. Result was that Debian apparently doesnt support the _netdev option, or at least hasnt implemented it the way other distros have. Is this a bug or is there a Grand Plan^© behind the way Deb did it? Will it ever work?
Could of course that I didnt get it and that I Messed Up Horribly^© ;)

Thanks
Patrick

/Grand Plan^© and Messed Up Horribly^© are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries./