Installation Error on Dell PE 2650

Hi,

At work we have a Dell PE 2650 and now we (wanted to) use the AAC RAID Controller.
First i tried to use or selfmade Debian CD which does an unattended installation.

It booted fine, the installer started, but during the hardware detection, i got an error: 'modprobe -v aic7xxx'during CD-ROM detection and later the same error again. Accept this error everything went okay and the system
is running.Because it's a custom CD, i downloaded the netinst.iso from debian.org to check if it's our CD.
I have to say No, same behaviour.

On the Debian Bug-Database is a Bug #255138 from 2004 that's similar to mine.Same System, RAID Controller...

Can i disable the check of the aic7xxx at boot time (parameter for the kernel)?

tia

alex

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl