Re: Broken businesscard iso?

I tried downloading the i386 businesscard iso this morning for the same place as you did. I entered the command "install file=/floppy/nt.txt" on the first screen. It reported a problem with the preseed file. I pressed alt-F4 it showed that it had read the preseed file but got an error unmounting it. I selected to continue with the next step and it seems to be working ok. It hasn't finished yet so I don't know if it will work. If it doesn't I will try the netinst iso. I agree that something is wrong with the businesscard iso.

Paul Donohue wrote:
I downloaded the daily built i386 businesscard iso from http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso 10 minutes ago (and also yesterday around 4pm EST, with the same results), and downloaded http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/hd-media/boot.img.gz at the same time.

I checked the md5 sums, they were correct.  Then I configured a USB key for installation:
zcat boot.img.gz | dd of=/dev/sdb
mount /dev/sdb /mnt/
cp debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso /mnt/
umount /mnt

I booted off the USB key.
It gets to the point where it is "Loading additional components", then it says:
There was a problem reading data from the CD-ROM. Please make sure it is in the drive. If retrying does not work, you should check the integrity of your CD-ROM.

I've tried rewriting the USB key numerous times and checking md5 sums of the iso on the key, and I don't believe there is a problem with the key.

Doing the same thing, but using the debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso file instead works fine.

So, I suspect there is a problem with the businesscard iso.

Please CC me in replies.
Thanks.
-Paul

--