Is broken Etch current on S/390 a known problem?

I tried a few days ago to install Etch on an s390 system, and failed to partition my DASD because kernel modules appropriate to the installer kernel level weren't found. I presume this is a known issue that will be resolved when RC1 rolls out and is just version skew between testing and the installer, but I wanted to ensure that it was known to be a current problem. I did not try building a daily snapshot of the installer--at this point my S/390 box is a Flex-ES emulated solution and it's very painful to do compilation on it.

Adam