Re: ppp-udeb: I made some major improvements during the weekend

Hi Eddy,

On Monday 23 October 2006 02:26, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> Frans, could you test if you can('t :-) ) reproduce the issue you
> observed (network severely broken after running pppoe when no PPPoE
> configuration is present) ?

You will first have to work with Marco to get your new patches included in
the ppp udeb.

Also, I very much doubt I will want to change the support for pppoe so
late on the road to the Etch release. It is great that the udeb has been
improved, but including it by default seems to big a risk to me at this
point. I'll be happy to look into that again after the release of Etch.

Of course, the ppp udeb will remain available from the "load additional
components" dialog. Maybe you could propose a text for the manual to
document this better.

Cheers,
FJP