Re: [RFR] Manual - new section on CD

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 11:33:42PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> (Resending this mail as it hasn't reached the list after about 24 hours)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a new section for the manual on how to deal with CD-ROM
> problems (inspired by Osamu).
> I'd appreciate a review/comments before I commit it.
>
> A preview is available from:
> http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/ch05s03.html
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

Comments on the whole page:

5.3.1

	Is there a possibility of the cdrom being mountable (e.g.
	manually), but not useable for the install?  If so, instructions
	for transferring the CD to an iso file on a hard disk (or usb
	stick) could be usefull, as a variation on hd booting.  A user
	may have no direct way of getting an iso onto a hard disk.

5.3.2.

	Before making a floppy, I verify the md5sum.  After making it, I
	use dd to make a new image file from the floppy and verify the
	md5sum.  If it verifies, the floppy should work  If the floppy
	doesn't work then redownloading the image file doesn't help if
	the md5sum is already verified.

Doug.