Re: Testing d-i and maybe a bug in preseed

Peter Skogström wrote:
> I have done some testing with preseeding with the latest d-i.
>
> Netboot works fine.
>
> Usbsticks, trouble with getting the preseed file from the sticks and
> some other strange behaviours.
>
> 1.
> With the kernel commandline
> file=/hd-media/preseed2.cfg
>
> When getting the preseedfile I get this error
>
> "Failed to retrieve the preconfiguration file"
> file://floppy:///hd-media/preseed2.cfg

Ugh. I think I've fixed this, it should be fixed in the Oct 23rd build of
the hd-media images. If you could try again that would be very much
appreciated as my hd-media test setup is very hard for me to use right
now.

> udevinfo -q env -p /block/sda gives ID_TYPE=floppy
> and udevinfo -q name -p /block/sda  gives the name in devfs format, but
> its a disk (dont remember exactly). So it misses a disk because of the
> ID_TYPE, I added list-devices floppy in the line above and that makes it
> work. But maybe the udev (d-i) should detect it as a disk ?
> Shall I file a bug against some package ?

I think you should file a bug on udev, or possibly the kernel, about it
mis-detecting this as a floppy, but in the meantime I've added a hackish
workaround to iso-scan.

> 3.
> Once and a while the iso-scan doesnt work, but always when doing it
> again (from the menu) it succesfully finds the iso. (Different sticks),
> seems like some function is too quick maybe ?

This was broken in the most recent version is iso-scan, I think I've
fixed its delayed rescanning code to work again.

--
see shy jo