Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Issues with directfb input devices handling

Frans Pop schrieb:
(Attilio: Please forward this mail to the directfb list again.)

On Saturday 30 September 2006 21:01, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
To summarize, if no one talks against this, i plan to do the following
things tomorrow

* Open a bug against rootskel-gtk, asking for linux_input
disabilitation on PPC boxes, providing a list of boxes (currently only
one) where that module has *not* to be disabled.

I've seen Denis say that this is not the optimal way to proceed.
For me the test results for powerpc only confirm that g-i support for powerpc should continue to be considered experimental for Etch.

Right now it's the optimal way, but before the final 1.0 release this
year this will change.

* Open a bug against directfb package, asking for removal of gfxdrivers
from directfb-udeb

I have no real opinion on this. Please go ahead.

I'd prefer to keep some "safe" drivers in, like Matrox AFAIK, at least on x86.

* Open a bug against directfb package, asking to add dfbinfo to
directfb-udeb

I've just taken a look at the output of this tool and, to be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed at the info it provides: it does not even identify the framebuffer device/driver used. The only really useful info seems to be the input devices and to use up 10k just for that seems excessive.

Things could be added. Anyways, the tool is also a minimal application
to test DirectFB initialization and possible error messages.

--
Best regards,
  Denis Oliver Kropp