Re: RFC: out-of-tree module udebs

On Monday 25 September 2006 18:30, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> It'll be separately. linux-modules-extra uses <package>-source package
> to build the binary and when doing it, we would build the need udeb
> together.

No. You _cannot_ build udebs from the same source package as regular
binaries.

That is the whole problem we are facing now and why Max is writing this
proposal: loop-aes-modules cannot currently migrate to testing because
that would break Beta 3 (needs 2.6.16 udebs), even though the new 2.6.17
debs are needed in testing because 2.6.17 has migrated.

You really create huge release management problems (or at least
restrictions) by linking the two.