Re: Bladr GTK theme for g-i ready for packaging

On Saturday 16 September 2006 21:20, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Luca Bruno has just finished polishing up his nice "Bladr" GTK+ theme,
> that i propose as default GTK theme for use in the g-i.

Could you provide some screenshots?
IMO the look of the theme should be approved first, at least by the team.

How is the theme copyrighted?

> A tarball can be found here [1] and i suggest (at least for the short
> period) to package Bladr in the rootskel-gtk theme like it was proposed
> to do for the GTK accessibility theme by Denis.

I suppose: s/rootskel-gtk theme/rootskel-gtk udeb/

I see that the total size of the theme is ~500 kB. I guess that is
acceptable, though it is very much not negligible.
Are all included files really needed?

> An issue arises: to make GTKDFB able to load PNGs for themes, the
> pixmap loading library must be provided, like the package
> gtk2-engines-pixmap does on a regular debian system by providing
> "libpixmap.so" on a X GTK target.

I suppose: s/gtk2-engines-pixmap/gtk-engines-pixmap/

Have you checked the dependencies of that lib (i.e. does it depend on
other libs we currently do not have)?

The lib itself is ~30kB, so not really a problem.

> I guess this issue has to be managed by the gtk-gnome-team, should we
> ask them to provide a .udeb containing the libpixmap.so engine only ?

Please answer the questions above first.

Cheers,
FJP